hummingbird

Monday, March 2, 2009

The "Glitterlicious" cupholder

Drink like the woman you truly are. Why settle for the common plastic, styrofoam or coated paper cup to carry your beverage of choice when you can have glitter and glitz. Now the "How-To" for you...

You will need:

1 - 44oz. Sonic cup

-Modge Podge

-Glitter

-Feathers

-Ribbons

-Glitzy Do-Dads



1-Coat the outside of your cup with Modge Podge.
2-Pour glitter over it.
3-Allow the glitter to dry COMPLETELY
Repeat steps 1, 2 & 3
4-One last coat of Modge Podge to glue the gltter in place.
Embellish and decorate to your heart's desire.

To use your "Glitterlicious" cup just fill any 32 oz. or smaller cup and slip it into the "Glitter" Cup holder. This cup was made for me by a friend; you can see more examples on her blog archives. http://www.overthetipsytopdesign.blogspot.com/

6 comments:

Christine said...

Love it! I've seen this fantastic drinkware in person and it is quite amazing! On my list of things to make.

Jessica said...

Thanks for writing the instructions - you know how challenged I can be. Maybe I'll give it a whirl to make myself happy when Eric is out of town.

emily sparks said...

definitely diva!!!!

Anna White said...

Love the cup Aunt Julie. Definitely would make drinking something a lot more fun. I am glad I have your blog now.

P.S. Hope you don't mind if I leave an extra little comment here too... I get lots of points for extra blog comments... I am trying to win this awesome scrapbook desk at The EZ desk Giveaway vote for it if you have a minute!! :)

Jessica said...

Why not, DIVA? You have lots to blog about Jewels - can't wait to see!

Ann said...

The Glitterlicious cupholder is wonderful for chilling your beverage. It can be decorated with glitter as described, but the layers can also be done with layers of glitter glue. It is the layering that makes it so awesome. IT is also a good way to use up one-earring collections (lost the other one?) by decorating with those surviving one-sies.