hummingbird

Sunday, November 8, 2009

Fulfillment...

I am presently working in a "fulfillment center". You may wonder if this could be the place where all wishes, wants and desires are all fulfilled but you would be disappointed. We provide support to home consultants who use in-home "parties" to sell their products. While I've been working here I've noticed a few things about people, places and packaging.

You could live in a glen, village, township, city, burough or territory.
You might live on a lane, street, avenue, court, circle, route or drive.
But then again you may be on an FM or a CR...and what pray you are they.
FM is an abbreviation for Farm to Market road.
CR, similarly means County Road.
There seems to be a multitude of "whisperings" Whispering Oaks, Whispering Glen, Whispering Forest, Whispering Mill...why all the whisper and what the whispering is all about I wonder.
You could also go the route of royalty...on Knights Cove, Queens Creek or Coronation Drive.

Sweet home is not only in Alabama but also found in Oregon.
The North Pole is in Alaska...forget all that global positioning.
The Yukon can be found in Oklahoma...maybe this is where all the global warming theories got a bit convoluted...it is just an address guys.

There are addresses so rural that UPS does not make a home delivery and that person must drive 90 minutes from a Texas ranch to pick things up from the UPS depot. I guess only Fedex must be able to find those in the truly rural "sticks". (It must be true I saw it happen in the movie Castaway.)

There are all kinds of names for places and people but presently some of my favorites are Bambi, Bimberly, Taffy, Kitten and Cinamon...yes Bimberly, Bambi, Kitten and Taffy are real people along with Sunshine and Cinamon.

In the meantime I will continue to help "fulfill" some wishes, wants and desires to consultants you may know or meet...even Bimberly, Bambi and Kitten.

3 comments:

Christine said...

Who names their child Bimberly!!

Emma said...

Hahaha! So clever, this reminds me of the days I used to do telemarketing and I saw all sorts of random names and addresses.

Jessica said...

Fulfillment = time off with pay soon enough! There are two Whispering Forests in Kingwood, 77339. I like Taffy and Cinamon the best!