hummingbird

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

more Chirp Chirp less Knock, Knock

I usually have a seasonal wreath on my front door...
using florals, vines, twigs, ribbons and twine.
I've even used a man-made bird nest or two.
It seems that some of my feathered friends
wanted to add a more "natural" dimension
to my creations.

Last year a couple of finches decided the wreath
was a great place to nest.
The Finches were wonderful tenants. 
They built a small nest, laid very small eggs
This year I hung the wreath and the very next day 
I noticed a bit of grass on the porch and the next day more bits of grass.
finally we noticed a much larger nest.


Robins have moved into the wreath.
there is more CHIRP CHIRP than knock knock at this door.
Will there be eggs?
Will there be baby birds?
Wait and see with me!

2 comments:

Christine said...

Good luck. I had birds nesting a couple years. Ruined the wreath, left a HUGE mess on the porch and door and dive-bombed everyone who came to the door (great for solicitors, not for piano students).

Kellie and Brian said...

Good thing we're not there because Brian tends to shoot animals anywhere near the front porch right now. :)