hummingbird

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Challenge #8 ...a photo that makes me a little bit sad

My dad is getting older and isn't able to do as much as he could when he was younger.
This will happen to everyone who lives long enough, this I know.
It is just a bit sad to know my children do not know the man he was.
It is just a bit sad to not have him present at family occasions.


I wish my children, my nieces and nephews knew him when he was a bit younger.

I remember walking to the stadium with dad to see a BYU football game.

I remember a dad taking time to show me a bit about painting when I felt all alone.

I remember a dad telling me to look at the shape of things and then draw.
I remember a dad who built houses even of gingerbread.
I remember a dad who took time to listen.
I remember a dad who could figure anything out; a builder, a thinker and a bit of a tinker.

He is slowing down like I will one day and I love him very much.

2 comments:

Christine said...

I love this picture, very serene. Taken at the Mt. Timpanogos temple May 2007

Emma said...

May 2007, was this picture taken at my wedding? I don't think I've seen it. It is a nice one though.